Sign in to follow this  
Guest Archon

FMC OPT greater than MAX???

Guest Archon

I cant find any mention of this in the forums which leads me to believe I've done somthing wrong hmmm.I've very familure with the Queen's FMC and by in large the 737's as well. However I notice on the 737-800 that the OPT altitude reported for one flight was FL359 and the MAX was FL358.I think something is wierd with the FMC, any ideas please?CheersGavin

If this was on the PERF INIT page, I think this is saying the maxiumum altitude which ECONOMICAL to climb to for this route, not the maximum the aircraft is capable of. If you want them max the aircraft is capable of, I think you need to go to CRZ page.I'm pretty sure this is waht it says in the FMC part of the manual for the NG.Incidentally - there's no way to dim the LCDs/CRTs in the NG like there is in the 744 is there?Hope this helpsRudy

Guest Archon

It is on the CRZ page that I look at, wierd.Sorry I dont know of how to dim the LCD's

Rudy,>Incidentally - there's no way to dim the LCDs/CRTs in the NG like there >is in the 744 is there?Top, left corner of each DU you have two hidden click spots. One will change the pointer to a plus, that will increase brightness, and one below will change to a minus and will consequently decrease the brightness of the DU.Hope it helps,

Thankyou Mats very much - my eyes can rest easy now at night!Gavin - check the manual, I could well be mistaken, it could also be on the crz page. Otherwise it must just have been a one-off error.CheersRudy

Guest Archon

Its not a one off error for me, every flight I do its displayed incorrectly, like now I'm flying from NZPM to YMML at a TOW of 130lbs and it says on the CRZ page OPT FL390 and MAX is FL380.I've tried changing FSUIPC versions and re-installing the aircraft but still wierd happenings