Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG Recommendations on Navigraph AIRAC

Guest tmetzinger

>i also would have been happy with a $5 to $10 increase on the>product as whole to include an infinate updates to sid stars>an airacs Let's see. You want to pay a fixed price for an infinite product stream? Sure seems like a great deal. Now pretend you're the folks who have to pay for source data every 28 days, then spend hours parsing that data into various formats. Does getting paid a small amount ONCE seem like a good deal to you?Best wishes,

Guest Buck Bolduc

NaviGraph is fine.However for US charts and terminal proc's you can save a few credit's by going here--> http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/onlineproductsThe cycles are noted as 0610-0611.Ihave Jeps and those Dountlees published old charts. The FAA charts and plates are much better IMHO.For the rest of the world,and Airacs, go NaviGraph.

buck...there are savings to be had by getting current charts on-line elsewhere too - the faa aren't the only ones who have mastered the technology!many countries allow free access to their aip's (air services oz, caanz, nats (uk), etc.).they're easy to google (or whatever you search with) and/or many are linked from the various on-line flying networks' (and/or their regions) websites.so you can in many instances save even more of your navigraph credits for the airacs.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>buck...>>there are savings to be had by getting current charts on-line>elsewhere too - the faa aren't the only ones who have mastered>the technology!>>many countries allow free access to their aip's (air services>oz, caanz, nats (uk), etc.).>>they're easy to google (or whatever you search with) and/or>many are linked from the various on-line flying networks'>(and/or their regions) websites.>>so you can in many instances save even more of your navigraph>credits for the airacs.>>Chris.I don't doubt you for a moment.I did purchase 100 credits for Airac-610. Cost for Airacs 20. I noticed that I could DLoad 610 for LDS-PMDG. The next day I realized I forgot about FSBuild 2.2. When I logged on I was informed I had unlimeted access to Airac-601, so no additional cost!Also DLoaded chrts for EGLL, cost 6 credits, I think.Anyhowe I have 82 credits left.Don't know what 13 euro's are equivelent to in US$, don't care.In any event 100 credits will give you 5 Airac cycles, that of course if you dont do any charts.I think Stephen deserves a little compensation. Let's face it, he's done 1 heck of a job for free for a long time.