Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaflyboy27

Weather Advoidance??

Guest aaflyboy27

Will PMDG impliment weather on the ND like PSS has done with thier 777/757? It would be great for this to be available.

no they don't plan to do it. fs prevents them from coming up with a good, accurate and realistic weather radar.

>no they don't plan to do it. fs prevents them from coming up>with a good, accurate and realistic weather radar. Are you sure? While this is certainly true for FS9 - me and I am sure many others have no idea what PMDG can do with FSX. Until they state that this cannot be done for that version I would say wait for an official responce from them unless I have missed something and this is possible ;-)Best,Randy J. Smith

As usual, we'll make no promises as to what will be implemented in the future.SimConnect (the new way of interfacing with FSX) offers a "starting point" in receiving cloud information, but that's still not what is required for a weather radar. However, there's significant indication that "the developers" will produce updates in SimConnect which "might" allow further insight into the cloud precipitation contents (just what the doctor ordered). If and when that happens, we'll reconsider the issue .Hope that clarifies things.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg