Sign in to follow this  
Guest SirRoberto

Beacon lights switch

Guest SirRoberto

Hi folks,I work for a VA, and we have a special FlightLogger software that monitors the flights, and scores the pilot skill. The program records moments when the pilot pushes light switches for example. The superb PMDG747 is an incompatible one with this program. The reason is the beacon light. It seems the PMDG beacon switch does not use the inbuilt FS light system, but it is own variables. I tried to add my own Beacon Lights switch from the default 777 panel, but it seems the PMDG panel blocks that inbuilt variable and keeps the light switched off. Because the inserted gauge went always OFF after clicking on it.The question is why the panel blocks the default Beacon Switch variable if it does not use that ? Is there a way to fix this issue ?Thank you in advance.

Guest normanvdm

Is the possible to use a different key to activate the program such as using the parking brake? (ctrl + . (dot)), this is not a solution I know but a work around.Norm

I don't have access to FS currently but if you check the PMDG menu under keyboard mapping, there may be an option for this.

Guest SirRoberto

Oh no, I think you missunderstood me. Our program reads out only FS variables, and does not do more. The Beacon switch state is stored in a standard variable called: TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS. It seems, that the PMDG744 blocks this variable to be always zero, while it uses its own variable to tell the visual models if the beacon should rotate.The question is, if the 744 panel does not use the factory-defined variable, why does it block that ?If I could at least insert a simple switch to the panel, and could switch the inbuilt variable, the 744 would be compatible with our program.

>Oh no, I think you missunderstood me. >>Our program reads out only FS variables, and does not do more.>The Beacon switch state is stored in a standard variable>called: TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS. It seems, that the PMDG744>blocks this variable to be always zero, while it uses its own>variable to tell the visual models if the beacon should>rotate.>>The question is, if the 744 panel does not use the>factory-defined variable, why does it block that ?>>If I could at least insert a simple switch to the panel, and>could switch the inbuilt variable, the 744 would be compatible>with our program.Can you program the default FS beacon light with a keystroke, and then activate the keystroke? You won't see any visual of it, but it may send the data you are looking for so your VA software will work.-John

Guest SirRoberto

Thank you for the idea, but you cannot program a key for beacon unfortunately. What I do not understand is how the model controls the beacon. Because if I put more beacon effects in to the Aircraft.cfg "lights" section, they all work well together with the other PMDG beacons, but I cannot operate non of them with a simple standard gauge :)