Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Lloyd

Trip Report

Guest Peter Lloyd

GuysDid a Freighter trip from RPLL Manila to OMDB Dubai last night. Decided to run along the Himalayas and over Mt.Everest. I know it its a little north of the creat circle route, but it was worth it.You have to try this one - the mountains are stunning from FL350, and the colors if you time it for a little after sunrise (westbound) are exceptional. (Southern Chile also makes for some pretty beautiful stuff to look at en route.)Darn, makes one feel good to be alive - driving PMDG over the roof of the world on a fine morning. Peter

sounds fun. i lived in RPLL for many years.one thing that caught my eye in your post; southern Chile?! didn't think you could see chile westbound from RPLL!nonetheless, suondslike you had fun.

Guest cfm56

Hey Peter,Do you remember your departure time oout of RPLL?gideon

Peter, thanks very much for this. I'm always looking for routes that offer some scenic benefit. Was this with default scenery I take it? As already asked, what time did you depart?Maybe we should start a wiki article of great scenic routes with flightplans, suitable departure date/times etc? Everyone can submit their favouites.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Peter Lloyd

Thats a long way to see! Southern Chile was en route Santiago to Perth last week. (see the 'edge of the world' posting).Salamat po!Peter

Guest Peter Lloyd

GideonSorry - its on the PC at home, and I am on the road again today.I do most of my flights starting before dawn, so it was early morning out of RPLL. (15:00Z if I remember correctly). Will send it to you when I'm back in Tunis, along with the route.Peter

Guest Peter Lloyd

Mark - thanks for your post. The wiki article is a great idea. Yes - default scenery (which is stunningly good up close to Everest.)Please see above on the departure time.Completely unrelated bit here - tried taxi with 2 outboard engines at idle, and using the 2 inboards only for power. Makes taxying the 74 a lot easier. Got to get some pedals, and a throttle unit, and....Let me know what I can do to help with the wikiPeter