Sign in to follow this  
EK002

Installing PMDG747

Guys,I have sent three e-mails to support re this problem but have had no response yet and would like to know if anybody else has the problem.I have downloaded the 747 package. I have no problems vailidating the product, but , as soon as I have acceoted the user agreement and click on next I get a warning that "Cannot continue with install - you do no have flight simulator installed". Now obviously it is installed and I have had no problems with any other download. It will not allow me to browse for another instalation path, in fact it then freezes. I click on "OK" but apart from that anoying MS warning ding, it will do nothing else. I cannot even turn the computer off. I have the entire 737 package with no problems and did have the 747 previously with no problems. Any help would be appreciated as I have paid for a product that I can't even intsall let alone use.ThanksKarl

Guys,Please ignore/delete.Found the answer and downloaded the tool to repair the instalation path.Karl

Guest jangeurts

Experiencing the same problem, so could someone answer this anyway ; or maybe you, Karl?Thanks in advance....Jan

Jan,As above. I used the tweakfs tool, which was somewhat easier for me, but then again I am somewhat techno fobe, having grown up without them!!!!!I would just like to add that I still found it very disappointing that I got no reply to my e-mails to PMDG support.Karl

Karl, did you receive the automated response?

Guest Savage

I mailed them 4 times before EVENTUALLY getting one auto responce to my last mail sent last night... Whether I'll get a responce or not, remains to be seen... It seems there's some issues somewhere :(

Mike,In answer to your question, No. No automated response, no response at all, albeit I haven't checked my mail today. At least if there had been an automated response I would have known it had at least been delivered. Am I expecting too much for PMDG to live up to their 24hours promise?Karl

If you didn't receive the automated response, then either they aren't getting your emails, or you aren't receiving their response.Try using a different email address to send your email. I would also check your spam folder and make sure it didn't go into there."At least if there had been an automated response I would have known it had at least been delivered."Which is exactly why they have an automated response. If you didn't receive it, that should tell you something."Am I expecting too much for PMDG to live up to their 24hours promise?"If you aren't receiving their emails, or they aren't receiving yours, then yes, you are. :(

Well there's nothing in my spam folder and every other e-mail I send is getting to its destination with no problems at all. Karl