Sign in to follow this  
Chaos81

MD-11 ESC panel

While watching the ITVV video, in the part where they are going through the overhead panel, I noticed him quickly mention the, "pax load" on the air panel. Obviously you set that to however many passengers you have, but what does it do?I'm guessing something along the lines of adjusts the amount of bleed air going through the passenger cabin. Am I anywhere close, or am I way off?Yes, I'm going to keep posting these annoying threads everytime I find something. ;)

Mike,this selector can be used to adjust the mixture of fresh air and recirculated air for the cabin. The operator I'm most familiar with had it on 260 all the time though, regardless of PAX load.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Interesting that the operator you are familiar with had it on 260 all the time. Any idea why that is? Is it just something MD put on the plane, but didn't seem to produce any benefit from usage?