Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Weather range rings on the 744 ND?

Did I read somewhere that you can add or activate weather range rings on the 744 ND by editing the panel.cfg file? I searched for this on the forum and on the web, but found nothing. Did I dream it all up?Jonathan

It was the rings on the traffic display. Go into your PMDG folder and look for the 744guage.ini file. Open that and look for the TCAS range rings options. Change the 0 to 1. Just to warn you, I could turn it on by pressing TFC but I couldn't figure out how to turn them back off. Also, the topic is one of the old Kai Tak threads if you wanted to look it up.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Brilliant, Ryan, many thanks indeed!Give my Aloha! to your lovely state. It's time for another family visit there.Jonathan

Well, I made the edit and it works for me as well. AND I can turn them off too with no trouble. I just hit the TFC switch a second time and it all goes off.I am really happy with this. Thanks again!Jonathan

Well, I did exactly as you directed and nothing more. Changed the zero to a one, saved it, and ran the sim. It clicks ON and then OFF with the same button. I love it !Jonathan