Sign in to follow this  
bobgo

Just purchased PMDG 737 and questions

Hi allAs indicated I have a brand new 737,,well several now, and to try and do things right I dug out Tim Metzinger's Tutorial V2.The first question,, Tim mentions that the tutorial, V2, was completely redone for PGMD SU3 and to select the 737-700 with winglets & Virtual cockpit.I have 6 aircraft, 3 737-600 & 3 737-700 but none with winglets????Am I missing something or maybe there is a patch or upgrade that I need?Question,, In the Flightsim PMDG Flightplans folder there is nothing,,Is there no installed ready made flight plans?Thanks for Any answersMarshall (Bob) Gordon

To answer your first question. After you select the 737-700, the specific variant may or may not have winglets. So in the variant pop up menu, select PMDG with winglets and stairs.For the second question, no the PMDG doesn't ship with ready made flight plans. Which makes since. The PMDG 737 is a very thorough simulation of the 737 systems, including the navigation system which really relies on current navigation data. It is unlikely that any canned flight plans would still be current. Tim's Tutorial does an excellent job of teaching how to enter a coded flight plan and save it for later use. You can find plenty of US real world flight plans on www.flightaware.com.PS You should really get the latest navdata for your FMC. Navigraph.com and planpath.com have the AIRAC and procedures respectively.

Dave Paige

Thanks Dave, And a big "duh" for me. I did try the variant window for the 600 and it has no options,,so I didn,t even try on the 700.I have updated the SID STARS data and have a good flight planner which will export to PMDG. Just thought it might have been a "glitch" since a friend of mine has the PMDG 747 and it came with bunches of flight plans. He doesn't use any of them. makes his own.Again, thanks Marshall (Bob) Gordon