Sign in to follow this  
Guest robfather

52" TV screen hook-up

Guest robfather

Hi,I'm wondering if anyone has used a 52" LCD TV screen for the outside view and how the display is and problems with hooking it up etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated!ThanksRob

Guest lespindo

Hi Rob! I Use a vizio Liquid Crystal 42" only for Flight simulator,It realy works fine. I am getting real life 7X7" PFD and ND on 2D acreen and also Real life VC at .75 It's like flying on the real cockpit. I have engravity 747/FMC,Goflight R.pedals,Goflight 744 Throttle and CH Yoke.I also have 5x1 soround sound system..

Hi-Currently using a 22" monitor but the 42"+ size sounds promising. My concern is that I currently use something like 1680 x 1050 resolution on a nVidia 7900 GS...how is that going to work out on a TV.....will I have to lower resolution and if so how will the picture quality be affected. I love the 22" upgrade (from 19") and can only imagine what it would be like with 7" x 7" screens- WOW. If you have any photos of the screen I would love to see them....thanks in advance!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest lespindo

Hi carl! Sorry, I just read your message. I will take a Picture of my screen ASAP, and I will try to e-mail it to you.I can tell you tha it's very nice. I have Ninvidia 7800 GT and1366 X 768 resolution, I'm sure there is better out there but I am very happy with my 42".to use a larger screen it would be too much unless you use it for an outside view. you get perfect PFD, ND etc. thanks!!!