Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbuto

After re-install to new PC - no LNAV

Howdy,After some time away waiting for a proper new PC, I've finally gotten back to 737 8/900. However, when I setup the tutorial flights to get re-acquainted with the systems, after take-off, the plane just keeps going straight despite what appears to be a correct flight plan in the FMS. The LNAV and VNAV lights are on, but the plane just goes straight.Any ideas?Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mike-I'll ask a couple of questions- and I don't intend to insult your intelligence- just want to have you check some obvious possible "gotcha's."1) Do you have the autopilot engaged? (ie: not just the F/D?)2) On the initial engage- did you actually give the system a chance to intercept the flight path? (ie: you were clearly pointed to head across the flight path when arming the modes- not just vaguely parallel?)3) Do you have the F/D on? Is it showing the same behavior as the airplane? Or is it trying to command a turn? (in which case- suspect your autopilot is not engaged!)4) Are you double checking the A/P and F/D modes on the PFD? The lights on the MCP are not always your best friend...Some of those might help... Sounds to me like it's probably something being overlooked!

D'OH. It was #1. Used to shoot lots of approaches without a problem, must have thought LNAV turned the AP on. THanks!:-doh