Sign in to follow this  
ger

help please

Hi guys,i hope you can help me with the following.I want to build a new system so that everythng runs smooth.I was thinking about vista 32 bit or 64,core to duo e6700 or quad core,and which graphic card, nvidia 8800gts or gtx or the ati 2900 xt.You see ,i have a lot of questions,any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance,Best regards,G

There is a lot of discussion about hardware on this forum.. if you want to run FSX smoothly I am not sure that will even be enough.. Although really it should be.. Without the DX10 patch the DX10 hardware isn't really running at it's best..64 bit processors are a waste of time and money, very few applications use 64 bit processing, I have an AMD64 3500+ and I've not even got an operating system that supports the 64bit functionality.. I think the core 2 duo 6600 is the best value for money, if you have money to burn and Extreme quad core would be great. 2GB or more RAM.. I would probably say 4GB if you can afford it. Although most will say 4GB is overkill, with vista 4GB will come in handy. As for GFX, the ATI is cheaper, but performance wise is beaten by the NVidia cards. I would probably get the 512MB GTS version personally, as above that you're not getting much more for your money. But personally I would wait for an upgrade till the next generation of GFX cards comes out. They're going to be a lot better and a lot faster and by then the DX10 patch will be released too.I would wait if I were you.. I am.. and many others are.. including members of the PMDG team too..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Thanks Craig for the information,right now i have a amd64X2 4800+ with a nvidia 7950gx2 but want to upgrade to intel system but when i read your post maybe it is better to wait a few months.Thanks again,G