Sign in to follow this  
Guest Viper_726

737 Weather Radar

Guest Viper_726

This might be old news, but I got mine up and running today.Check out some pics of the radar on the 737... http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=62201Those pics are not mine, but it works great here with the realityXP WX500.I am looking forward to get it to work with the 744 :)Jake

I don't think the panels are that similar. I am thinking about the control overlays in the avionics for radar and the button in the EFIS control. The mix on the ND is very complicated.If it is a matter of just gauge position, then FS Panel Studio could be used to place those custom displays.I do not have the 744 and I never opened up the 737 panel with FSP to investigate.Good luck.

Guest Viper_726

If somebody else want to give it a try, here you go...Steps of integration:--- Installation ---1. Copy NDWX.ini to FS9 root directory2. Copy NDWX.gau to FS9Gauges3. Edit the panel files3.1 Decide your 737 variant (VC)for 737-6/700 with VC panel, go to FS9AircraftPMDG737-700panel.VCPanel.cfgfor 737-8900 with VC panel, go to FS9AircraftPMDG737-800panel.VCPanel.cfg3.1.a. Under [Window00], addgaugeXX=NDWX!Xposer,0,0 // replace XX with your next available number, mine is 083.1.b. Under [Window01], addgaugeXX=RealityXP_WX500!RDR,2000,512,452,346 // replace XX with your next available number, mine is 26. 2000 here (instead of 0 which you can find in the origional file) is a quick fix to a graphical error3.1.c. Under [Window08], addgaugeXX=NDWX!WXPanel,212,96,200,90 // replace XX with your next available number, mine is 013.1.d. Under [VCockpit01], addgaugeXX=RealityXP_WX500!RDR,0,512,452,346 // replace XX with your next available number, mine is 313.1.e. Under [VCockpit02], addgaugeXX=NDWX!WXPanel,564,110,223,105 // replace XX with your next available number, mine is 073.2 Decide your 737 variant (2D)for 737-8/900 with 2D panel ONLY, go to FS9AircraftPMDG737-800panelPanel.cfgfor 737-8/900 with 2D panel ONLY, go to FS9AircraftPMDG737-800panelPanel.cfg3.2.a Follow 3.1.a, 3.1.b, 3.1.c only, i.e. you don't need to (and actually you can't, obviously) edit the VC sections.--- End of Installation ----Now all you have to do is to hit the WXR button to power it up, and the radar guage is also working on the radio panel!Jake

I misread one of these subjects. I thought I was replying to a thread on using these for the 747, hence my concerns.The one caveat is you must use version 2.0 of the WXP500. Some state you can use another current version by modifying ndwx.ini but others have problems.For the merge I use 2.0 and a link is provided in a thread on Reality's support forum. You buy and license the current version, then download the link provided 2.0 and do a repair installation.Also note that if you update you 600/700 panel to that privided with the 800/900 upgrade, it will work on all four variants.

Guest sunbear

That's great information. Would be a superb enhancement to the NGX if PMDG would incorporate this weather software in unison with the RealityXP personnel. Let's face it the NG's will be in the majority for the next 20 to 30 years. jack

Guest Viper_726

I have to admit that I love that little weather radar. I know that you can do without it, but I have to say that I really enjoy it in bad weather! I am hoping that somebody could help me to integrate it into the 747!

There already is a thread here with a PMDG reply. In FS9 I believe they stated because of its limits that it was not possible to get an accurate weather radar so they decided against it.I've had occasional false results on the WXP500 but not in the majority. On a real doppler, you can get false results too. Tilt is very important due to the radar beam spread increasing over distance. Over at the Reality-XP site they have a link to a good white paper on the use of doppler radar.If FSX provides better weather data return capability I don't know. If so maybe the FSX PMDG models will have it.