Sign in to follow this  
Guest millimeter

Late Spoiler deployment in replay

Guest millimeter

Hello airmenDoe's anyone have a logical explanation on why the spoilers are deploying late in replay mode? The spoiler deploying sound comes correctly on touchdown, but the spoilers doesn't deploy visually.Another problem is the replay on takeoff. Let's imagine that I'm airborne, the gear is up and the flaps have been retracted on schedule. Then I'm starting the replay at the point where I'm on the runway. At that poing the gear are retracted. The gear are extracting automaticaly, but the flaps don't go out to the eg. "flap 10" position where the were on the original takeoff!!!I have seen some videos on youtube, where on the spot view, you can see some wing tip contrails or vortex. Is that possible here in PMDG?Best regardsLars Broegger

Hello- I'm fairly certain that there is a lag in almost all animations in the replay. For example, when viewing a landing, once the reset(countdown to 0) occurs the a/c is continuing on the glide slope while the gear is cycling, flap extension resets and the spoilers do as well- by the time all that occurs, the a/c might very well be in a different point on the approach. I believe this is a FS limitation- nothing at all to do with PMDG- just more apparent in the more complex a/c (with all their functioning systems and animations). One of the more techically advanced members might be able to add more......As far as wing tip vortexes, I'm not sure- I do see exhaust and contrails, I will look to see, particularly when pitching up (g- loading) the a/c. I think there are after market addons for all this stuff, but I stay away from anything non-PMDG and would recommend the same for you.Best-

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest millimeter

Hello lasnubes Thanks for your very indepth answer. It all makes sense the way you are explaining things.And no other than PMDG airplane addons for me :-)Best regards