Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest123

pmdg overhead panel

Guest guest123

Hi there....How can you get the the overhead panel in VC mode to be usable? This is for pmdg 600/700. Secondly do the windsheild wipers actually work? I turn them on and nothing happens.They dont work in the beechcraft 1900c either.Any help would be appreciated...thanksPaul

Paul-You can either pre-set an Active Camera VC view looking up (more realistic) or just the non VC (2d) view for the overhead. Then map it to a hat push or button in FSUIPC.I use the VC overhead in the 747 and 2d in the 737. Both are mapped to the up hat push. The older 737's overhead is just not clear enough for me.Works great!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest guest123

Thanx for the reply...but i was hoping the overhead panel worked cause im using trackIR. The framerates with the VC pmdg 737 is horrible. Is the 747 pmdg just as bad?thanks, Paul

I have Track IR but only use it with the RealAir Spit. You could use it with the 737 and 747. Leaning over to see the panel will take some time to perfect but its possible. I find computer performance in the 747 much better than that in the 737. Either one works well in the VC- I just think the 747 works better. I find it is hard to make small constant head-down adjustments so I reserve the Track IR to a/c flown mostly heads-up out of the cockpit/ flight deck. You can assign a mouse button (usually center) to "freeze" the view which helps.Frame rates are very individualistic. I run FS9 on a quad core machine with SATA2 drives and 3 gigs RAM and still I am only tolerant of the sim with default scenery. No autogen, no extended terrain, no sun glare, no lense flare, no dynamic scenery, no ai, no ground shadows, 30% 3d clouds and very dense- not extremely dense scenery. With all that, and very few scenery addons (KaiTak98, Glacier Bay and Innsbruck) I get a solid 30fps- smooth- no jerkiness when making 90 degree turns on the taxiway etc. Others who don't mind the occasional skip or lag might be able to run a lot more addons on the same system.There has been a lot of talk about FSX's potential only being realized with machines 1-2 generations hence. To run FS9 the way I want to will take about that :(.My last hope is to have FSGS assist me in setting up this system.......Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Paul,as far as I know the overhead of the 736 and 737 is not operable. You have to move up to the 738 and 739 for that. I have no problem with fps in the VC of neither of the 737's. The fps in the 747 are also fluid for me with VC and Track IR.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------