Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Something Wrong with this picture?

If you mean the Standby HSI, then that's because the standby power is off.

"If you mean the Standby HSI, then that's because the standby power is off."Ramon, if the Standby Power was off, you wouldn't get the CRT screens you're seeing. The Standby Att Indicator has toppled because the CB for it has been pulled (For extended ground stops, certain CB's are pulled both for safety and to reduce the wear and tear on certain devices). E.g. weather radar, Radio Altimeters, Ignition, Reversers, etc.There is nothing wrong with the pic because it was taken during maintenance.Cheers.Q>

Now that I think about it, your'e right.If I'm correct, the Standby power powers most of the captains screens and FMC and things like ILS and radio receivers...correct?And in BAT mode you have around 30min of electrics left.But it is true that the standby power powers the standby instruments "lights". So partly I was right. :(But to operate the Standby instr. you require the Main Battery bus if I'm correct.

"If I'm correct, the Standby power powers most of the captains screens and FMC and things like ILS and radio receivers...correct?"Depends on the aircraft and how you define "Standby Power". Normally, the Captain's ND, PFD and Left FMC (not CDU) are powered by the APU Standby Bus (Most 744's have two batteries and two inverters for Standby Power).Here's roughly how PMDG is programmed:" _115VAC STANDBY BUS-MAIN_ADC LEFT POWER (34-12-01)NAV RADIO RMI (Optional)NAV RADIO MKR VOR LEFT (34-51-01)NAV RADIO ADF RIGHT (can also be found on 115AC Bus #1 on some airlines)NAV RADIO ATC LEFT (34-53-01) Optionally found on 115VAC Main Bus #3STANDBY IGN ENG 1 (74-31-01)STANDBY IGN ENG 2 (74-31-02)STANDBY INSTR LIGHTS (33-11-04)FLIGHT CONTROL ELEC 1L AC (Also known as FCE Power Supply or PSM. One of four. See Notes)NAV RADIO MLS-L (Optional)EFIS CONT LEFT (31-61-01)UPPER EICAS (31-61-01)EIU LEFT (31-61-01)FLIGHT CONTROL ELEC 2L AC (Also known as FCE Power Supply or PSM. (One of four)MAWEA POWER A (31-51-01) Modularized Avionics Warning Electronics Assembly power supply A.FMCS CDU-LEFT (34-61-01)STANDBY IGN ENG 3 (74-31-03)STANDBY IGN ENG 4 (74-31-04)MMR LEFT (MULTI MODE RECEIVER) 34-31-01_115VAC STANDBY BUS- APU_PFD-LEFTND-LEFTFMCS FMC-LEFT"Note that there are no comms radios on the Standby Bus. The Left VHF Comm is on the Battery Bus... as is the Standby Attitude Indicator (gyro and gyro flag)."But to operate the Standby instr. you require the Main Battery bus if I'm correct."Correct.Cheers.Q>