Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

FSX.cfg settings in FS9 ??

Hi All-This one is a bit odd, but I'm hopeful.........I ALREADY use a Texture_Bandwidth_Multi=600 setting in FS9- that was one of the FSX tweaks for PCIe cards. I feel (perception only as I did not increase the FPS lock- still 30) that changing it from the default "tweak" setting of 100 to 600 made a positive difference in the texture loading smoothness.Can I also then use the Fiber_Frame_Fract and [bufferPools] PoolSize= tweaks that seem to work so well for FSX in FS9? Has anyone done so?It seems like such a shame not to be able to utilize the added processing and transfer power of Quad processors and SATA2 drives (in RAID0).....Also, and try not to burst into incredulous laughter here- would the multi processor enabling support line assist at all- or if not, would it be possible to somehow enable multi processor support for FS9?Thanks, and I shall endure the flames in search of performance :)Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Well never mind- after a particularly frustrating session I fdisked (again) and am currently in the process of an XP install.A bit of a learning curve- going from Vista to XP Raid0- but i am taking notes, so if there are other souls who tire of the Vista Blues, I have made the journey successfully and am updating to FS9.1 as we speak. A bit of a hassle with finding all the drivers for the "latest" LAN card etc- but she works!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper