Sign in to follow this  
Guest mukesh

Need help on SIDS & STARS

Guest mukesh

Where can I get some PMDG latest SIDS and STARS?. Im having a problem at connecting at Arrival approaches stars.i can't get it right somehow. Thanks, Mukesh

Mukesh:I would advise purchasing credits at Navigraph. They will have all the approach and enroute plates you might need, and are supposed to have PMDG SIDs and STARs begining with the next cycle.Then I would go to NavData and download the bundled SIDs STARs.Then I would go to AVSIM and search for Dan Down's latest AIRAC cycle SIDs and STARsThen I would look at this forum for Steve Bell's UK SIDs and STARs.All sites are easily Googled- install per directions- and ENJOY!I'm not too sure what you mean by "Im having a problem at connecting at Arrival approaches stars.i can't get it right somehow."- the STAR starts at a FIX/VOR/Waypoint and takes you to the landing runway. The SID starts at the takeoff runway and takes you to your first enroute waypoint. Both are dependent on runway selection (wind direction) and departure/arrival compass locations...N S E W.Let us know how you get on...........thanks!Best-Carl F. Avari-CooperBAW0225

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Advice for using STARs:(US Only) Check out real flight plans at http://flightaware.com and note how the STARs are used.Be sure to have a copy of the STAR chart. These are available from multiple sources including Flightaware, AirNav and the FAA (http://naco.faa.gov)If you are a newbie, try out some flights that are simple a SID connected to a STAR... for example (KLAS-KLAX) BOACH2 HEC CIVET5 where the HEC VOR is the point where the BOACH-SID ends and the CIVIT-STAR begins. This happens to be a nice short trip with good scenery and with both RNAV and non-RNAV procedures that is used many times a day by real traffic.Finally, ask questions when puzzled but please provide the specifics of what is tripping you up. There's a lot to learn.See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mukesh

i'm struggling a bit with connecting STARS AND TRANS at arrival and also Discontinuities. how to fix this problem. Thanks, Mukesh

A basic STAR (without transitions) provides a route from a location (called arrival gate) to the airport. The transitions are just extensions further from the airport that provide routing to the arrival gate.Discontinuities are cause by a sequence of fixes that do not make sense to the FMC... sometimes they are just gaps that only need closed by moving the fix after the gap into the gap on the LEGs page. Sometimes they are due to a fix being named twice, which is fixed by deleting one. The fix is almost always easy to spot if you look for where they are on the LEGs page.As mentioned earlier, it's a lot easier to help you if you provide a little more about the specific problem you having. Which STAR and transition (and location) are you struggling with?

Dan Downs KCRP