Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Flight restart problems

As a part of my familiarisation with PMDG 747-400, I saved my flight from EDDK to KLAX yesterday whilst flying over western Scotland with the file name 'Checkpoint'. When I came to continue the flight today, the plane constantly descends to FL300 and then climbs back to FL320 (my current cruise level) and will not maintain the course of the route, even though both LNAV and VNAV are engaged. My question is about the files that are created when I save the current position of a flight. An explanation may help me determine why I cannot currently resume the flight from where I took the Checkpoint.I have four files created which are named 'Checkpoint'. I have a Checkpoint.0.RTE and a Checkpoint.sav file in my Flight Simulator 9PMDG747400 directory, and a Checkpoint.WX and Checkpoint.FLT file in my C:UsersLicensedDocuments directory. Can someone explain what each of these files are for, and what each has as a relationship with the other?Any help will be greatly appreciated,Regards, Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hello,Here you go :*.Flt = the application witch contains all the flight data in it when you save a flight. If you double-click on it FS9 will start and the flight will be loaded.*.WX = contains the weather information of that particular flight. *.RTE = is the route information for the PMDG-FMC *.SAV = the panelstate witch contains the situation how the set-up of your PMDG-cockpit was at the moment you saved the flight.I must say that when loading a saved flight while in cruise, not everyting will load errorfree.There are some topic with the same question and a lot of reply's.