Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightgamer

PMDG? 737 Wingviews?

Guest flightgamer

Hello, i am going to purchase the PMDG 737-700.... i am going to fly with Southwest....... My Questions: Does the 737 have Wing Views???i noticed the 744 did not, and that was kinda a bummer, i just wanted to know..... Thanka

Hey there,Well it has a virtual cabin so it means that you can get up out of the seat and walk down and choose a row. Provided you have activecamera or similar installed. Failing that flight1 have a free utility that you can move around the cabin but not in the same way as with ac. If you don't want to use the cabin for performance reasons you can download various wingviews in the library here, its just a matter of modifying the panel cfg among other things, its fairly simple. Search pmdgview.zip in the library alsopmdg_wing_views.zipwing_views_pmdg_737-700.zip, apologies I don't know how to link the files.Hope it helpsGeorge

Guest flightgamer

Hi GeorgeThanks, im not much of an active camera guy ;-) im a sound and 2D cockpit guy, but i will get some of the wingviews in the Library, i mean, Southwest have some nice winglets on those wings, it would be good to have a wing view if you know what i mean :D, thanks again....P.S. i take it you have the PMDG 737, like it?, i heard it was great, and comparable to the PMDG 744...... is that true?, i mean to have a 737 comparable to the PMDG 744 would be awesome....Kylan

I have flown many SWA routes in the 737NG, and love it. You can find a file in the AVSIM library named swa_shorthops_0606.zip that has five SWA routes with flight plans and schedules (albeit a year old) that provides three or four hop real routes.The 3D cockpit in the 737 is not as functional as the 747, and the FMS in the 747 is more refined but given the 737's relative simplicity to the much more complex Queen, I have really enjoyed and continue to be an avid fan.

Dan Downs KCRP