Sign in to follow this  
Guest SparrowHawk7

Change HPA to IN in 737NG

Guest SparrowHawk7

I have no idea how I managed to change the barometric reading from inches to hpa in the 737NG but somehow I did. I can clearly see that the knob has an inner and outer ring but I cannot figure out how to move it back to inches. I searched the manuals without any luck ... could someone tell me how it's done?TIA,Ken

Ken:Its been a while (I only fly the 744) but, if you hover the mouse pointer just above the pressure setting knob on the EFIS MCP, you should be able to click it and change the ring knob setting back and forth from inches to hPa. In the 744 VC you actually click the ring itself, but I am fairly certain its above the knob/ring in the 73.Let us know how you make out- welcome to the madness!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

You're right Carl, you actually click on the word BARO above the switch.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Guest SparrowHawk7

Thanks Carl and Geoff ... click on Baro and it changes. I was clicking EVERYWHERE during the flight and the only thing that kept changing was the pressure ... I pulled out the pdf files and found that yes, there IS a knob (and it could obviously be moved!) but nowhere did it tell me how. So thanks guys ...Ken

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Ken,as the others say you have to click in a very specific spot - I know from bitter experience!!! Clicking anywhere else doesn't work.