Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kudosaur

ELEC ENG controls bugged?

Guest Kudosaur

I've been flying many 747 models for awhile now and then another pilot turned me onto the PMDG aircrafts. I have read the manuals and stumbled on a slight problem though, well, actually it's a big problem. After turning on the battery, setting Standby Power to "Auto", I raise the Elec Eng Control cover(s) and then left click the button to set them to Normal, but they don't do anything.Not sure what the problem is, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the model about 3 times now and still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Ken Hopsin

The only time I have ever touched those buttons was when I had a EEC fault. I had to switch all four to ALTN to get the autothrottle back online.Rob

Rob Prest

"and then left click the button to set them to Normal, but they don't do anything."Were they not in normal to start with???Cheers.Q>

Guest Kudosaur

>Were they not in normal to start with???>>Cheers.>Q>>No, they were blank. I'm not sure what the actual operational status of those would be at the point I tried to turn them on, but I remember reading awhile back that the elec eng controls are one of the first things to be put online.It's not a huge issue like I thought it was at first. I still flew the plane after running into this problem and I have to say, this is one of the BEST models I've ever flown.I do have one problem though, sometimes when I am flying out of no where a very loud, obnoxious screeching staticy(best phrase I could think of, sorry) sound comes on and doesn't go away for the remainder of the flight. I've tried running the sound quality on low in FS9 and uninstalled the models+universal sound pack. Any ideas?Wish their 737NG models had some of the same features as the 747-400(F) like pushback. Just the little things like that make my experience extremely satisfying. :)Thanks for your help,Ken HopsinEDIT: As for the sound problem, it's only while using PMDG aircraft and the only way to make it go away is to turn sound off. Every other model and application that uses sound works flawlessly on my computer, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Ken,The "Normal" position for the EEC switches is in the extended/out position. Lifting the guard and Depressing the switches selects the EEC ALTN mode which is only used for dispatch under very specific failure situations not normally encountered in the SIM environment (unless you have failures enabled in the PMDG menu). The EEC will power up automatically as part of the start cycle and no action is required on your part to power the EEC.The sound issue you describe indictates that your system resources are being severely taxed when running the PMDG 747-400 in conjuction with FS2004 to the point that your Sound card or onboard sound device is emitting distortion or static when this occurs. There is no easy solution short of an upgrade and I would need more specifics on your set up in order to be of much more assistance.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

"No, they were blank. I'm not sure what the actual operational status of those would be at the point I tried to turn them on, but I remember reading awhile back that the elec eng controls are one of the first things to be put online."The NORM indication is powered by AC Bus 4, so you won't see NORM illuminated with Standby Power only (no power to the light bulbs). However, that is not to say that the switch is not operational. The ALTN lamps are powered by the APU battery bus (available with the Battery Switch ON, but the EEC will have to provide an electrical earth to illuminate these lamps. The EEC's will be unpowered at this point, so I'm assuming that you won't get the ALTN light to illuminate (The EEC's are powered up whenever the engine is rotating above a certain rpm OR the start switch is pulled, OR the fuel cutoff levers are in RUN). I have the vague recollection that the logic for these three items is not modelled, but you can check it yourself.Cheers.Q>