Sign in to follow this  
G-BZAD

744X + VISTA PMDG Menu problems

Hello all, Firstly, great simulation, even though my PC struggles with it I think that as new hardware matures it will give one excellent experience.Now on to my question; I have noticed that whatever I do on the PMDG menu, or for that matter any other addon menu within FS, the settings are never changed [Have tried to get performance enhancements byt adjusting refresh rates/FO display on/off]. Having failed on many occasions, I decided to go directly into the FSX folder and manually change the setting held in the text files. It allows me to change the Integers however when it comes to save the modified file it states: "cannot create the [file path] Make sure that the path and file name are correct"On pressing OKit then gives a save as menu, all the data is correct however it still refuses to save. This I feel is the cause of the problems within the simulator. If anyone knows how to help me It would be appreciated greatly.PS. Notepad was used to editRegards

Guest dt1951

Jamie, I had this problem in Vista. I turned off "User Access Controls" and the problem was solved.

You need to change your administrator rights for the file. Go to the properties page and then security. About half way down you will see a button "Edit". Click here and make sure that all the functions are ticked for your name.Another work around is to save the file you have amended to desktop, and then copy and paste it to overwrite the file in its original folder.NormanEdit: I must have posted at the same time as the previous thread. If you untick user access controls then you do dso for all folders, some where you may not wish to lower the security. Your choice.