Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

System hang in replay mode

I have yet to get through a replay without experiencing an FSX.EXE failure to respond while using the 747x. The symptom is always a black screen, with the only remedy being to close FSX through Task Manager.My system:XPe66002 gigs ram8800 gts 640, with latest driversSoundBlaster Extreme GamerInstalled Software:FSX AcceleratorLevel D 767 -for FSXBest regards,Ken Carlin

>I have yet to get through a replay without experiencing an>FSX.EXE failure to respond while using the 747x. The symptom>is always a black screen, with the only remedy being to close>FSX through Task Manager.>>My system:>XP>e6600>2 gigs ram>8800 gts 640, with latest drivers>SoundBlaster Extreme Gamer>>Installed Software:>FSX Accelerator>Level D 767 -for FSX>>Best regards,>Ken Carlin>>Hi Ken,I was able to get through one replay, but when I went to watch it again (from another angle), I got the hang, and crash of FSX.-John

John-We have no logged problems related to reply.My immediate suspicion is that the sim is really going OOM on you during the replay. This may happen because the sim must continue to track "current state" while simultaneously playing back stored data for a previous state.If you are "close to the ragged edge" as it were- this might push you over the edge into an OOM condition.Another potential trigger is a scenery generated OOM- which you got lucky by not triggering on the initial landing- but changing the view during the replay causes the event to trigger. We have seen this type of problem in certain scenery triggered OOM conditions.Not much help- but it's the best information I have for you.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

>John->>We have no logged problems related to reply.>>My immediate suspicion is that the sim is really going OOM on>you during the replay. This may happen because the sim must>continue to track "current state" while simultaneously playing>back stored data for a previous state.>>If you are "close to the ragged edge" as it were- this might>push you over the edge into an OOM condition.>>Another potential trigger is a scenery generated OOM- which>you got lucky by not triggering on the initial landing- but>changing the view during the replay causes the event to>trigger. We have seen this type of problem in certain scenery>triggered OOM conditions.>>Not much help- but it's the best information I have for you.>>Thanks Robert. I have a pretty high end system:Core 2 Quad X67002gb RAMNvidia 8800GTX 768Windows XP SP2 FSX SP1I don't have any custom scenery, unless you count Scenery Tech's US Landclass.Thanks,John

Thanx for the reply, John. All I really needed to know at this point was that I'm not alone with this condition.Ken