Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Autoland Dead-HELP!!

I have posted here recently about the problems I've had with autoland.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...39504&mode=fullI've noticed some other things going on with it, I recently noticed that the CRS heading in the approach reference above the ADI is different on the ND. In the FS9 version it works fine and the CRS above the ADI matches the ND. In the FSX version the AP has a hard time keeping up with the localizer. The CRS above the ADI says 031 degrees for RNWY 04R at KJFK. The ND shows 045. Shouldn't these 2 displays match? I have also noticed that the intersections ZETAL and EBEE do not line up with the RNWY centerline of 04R at KJFK. According to Navigraph these should be lined up with the final approach course. Is my navdata or scenery somehow corrupted or am I doing something wrong? I've been flying the FS9 version for over 2 years and never had any problems like this.Any suggestions would help.ThanksChuck

Chuck Biggins

Update: I've also discovered that the difference between the CRS heading above the ADI and the ND is the magnetic variation. I've heard of corrupted magdec.bgl files and I tried to replace mine with one from FS9 since I read that it's the same file. This didn't fix the problem only made it worse. Any experts out there have any ideas? I am thinking of doing a clean FSX install but I'm saving it for last resort. ThanksChuck

Chuck Biggins

Guest AceFAB

I am doing a clean install of fsx now and will check it out and let you know how the adi looks for me. I am a new 747x owner myself and had the queen when i used fs9. As soon as i figure out how to autoland my 747F i will check out your findings against my clean install. happy trails

Guest David Ketchum

Wanna know what? The same things are apparently happening to the FS9 PMDG version after the FS9 'unification update' is applied. I've read on three different forums where the ILS CDI indicates on the localizer centerline, yet the nav map display clearly shows the aircraft about 50 ft either right or left of centerline at the same time. The autopilot will then reportedly commence to pluck the 747 down in the grass beside the runway.I hate major patches/updates solely for these kinds of things. My current (un-updated) version of the FS9 PMDG 747 works perfectly, and I'll be damned if I will ever feel like ever messing with the installation. I hope you guys get it worked out, just be advised that the same phenomenon is going on with the 'unified' FS9 update too. I guess PMDG will have to issue patches for the patch. It would be sorta cool if people actually beta tested stuff these days wouldn't it.I think Sega (the arcade game company based in Japan) has the best way to motivate their in-house beta testers. If something gets by them and the game in question goes into production with a significant bug left in it, the company automatically fines each beta tester 1 month of their salary. :)