Sign in to follow this  
adamv66

Thrust Limit Protection?

Hi,I've noticed a change in behaviour of the thrust limit protection in the 747X compared to the FS9 version. In FS9, when simply loading up the 747 and applying full thrust (without setting up FMC or anything) the thrust will increase up to the TO limit but not exceed it. However now in FSX if you do the same thing and apply full thrust, it goes sailing past the TO limit to engine limits of greater than 117 N1. Is this intentional? I would have thought that the same thrust protection should apply to prevent damage to the engine etc?Adam

Adam,Well spotted ! The first to write about it in our forum. This is the correct behaviour. When AT is OFF or in HOLD (check FMA) then EEC will only protect against redlining the engines and throttle levers will not be rolled back to the FMC calculated limit. Essential for dual engine failure before VR/V2 procedure at max TO weight where you simply firewall the throttles until EO acceleration height and clean up.Ofcourse when AT is active (SPD, THR, THR REF) then the throttle lever limit becomes the FMC target linit.The FS9 update includes this as well.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

So i guess that means i'm the only lazy one who sometimes loads her up and blasts her off with absolutely no prep at all! haha! thanks vangelis Adam