Sign in to follow this  
Guest hadu

Considerations FS9 versus FSX.

Guest hadu

I must admit this is a message to comfort myself.My computer will explode when using FSX and when not, the pictures will be very shakey ;=( and not only from the existing bugs.Am I running to the computerstore to buy a new computer? Certainly not.What is FS9 bringing me?I can try and study all technical issues (that's what I am interested in) from preparing a flight, till take off and landing.I cannot use the more advanced scenery from FSX and like the Germans say "Augenschmaus", what's that in Englisch? A pleasure for the eye?But being realistic what scenery will a real pilot see? During take off and landing he is very busy and will have no time to enjoy the scenery.After leveling off, the crew can have a look at beautifull clouds and sunshine but you cannot do that for 3 or 6 hours or longer.Besides that, they will need time to control and check the flight issues, take a cup of coffee and discuss wife and children and some of these issues in a wider context.When interested in scenery I have a possibility to fly a airliner at a few hundred feet ( I know a pilot who did a flyover here on the beach, on a company party) but that's all. I would take a Cessna to really enjoy the scenery and not a airliner in virtual world also.Conclusion: I stick with FS9 and it fits all my wishes. (almost).When I have a much faster computer I will run FSX and take my Cessna to enjoy....Next message, when I updated my computer (in the future), will contain a lovesong on FSX and how happy I am with it...Hans

Hi Hans, you say:"But being realistic what scenery will a real pilot see? During take off and landing he is very busy and will have no time to enjoy the scenery."The other day, I took off from a desertic EGLL in FSX, and that

I skipped FS2000 and I am starting to think I will do the same with FSX. Just did a flight online EGLL - OMDB wth the new Heathrow 2008 and flytampa dubai, GEPro AS6 and fsgenesis world mesh... smooth as silk all the way. Rob Prest

Rob Prest