Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Saitek45's Rudder Problem in FS2002...Please Help

Hello all,I use Saitek45 joystick for my FS2002 with PIC767, latest version of FSUIPC, and with my joystick calibrated using FSUIPC routine. I set scale to 64 and null to 0 as instructed in the document. I cannot see an option for rudder sensitivity from within FS2002 setting menu as I guess the rudder is built into Saitek. I have tried to recalibrate the rudder on different tries but my aircraft veers left and right like crazy on the runway. When I tried to simulate pushback by using the slew mode, I am unable to do so since the aircraft would slowly spin in a circle. Once I am in the air, the ailerons and elevators work fine. I am using Win2000 to run FS. My spec is AMD1.33ghz Thunderbird, 512meg DDR RAM, GeForce2 GTS graphic. I have everything nonessential turned off in the background. Thank you in advance for any help as I am trying to get FS2002 to fly right.Henry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Henry,I used to have that problem but it was cured by using the FSUIPC settings that you have tried.You say you have edited your fs2002.cfg file as suggested in the FSUIPC docs: did you change the fs2002.cfg and not the fs2000.cfg?Did you also put the 'LOCKED=1' into the section?Also try moving your rudder back and forth a few times in FS before you use it to move the aircraft.You do not say what OS or stick connection you are using, if XP I understand there is an 'issue' with the USB polling going to sleep if any USB controller is not used for a while.This does not apply to me so not sure what the setting is; try a search through the forum archives for USB & XP.You may also find help in the FS2002 tips forum and the Saitek help forum.http://flightsimvets.edirectamerica.com/ then click on the 'FSVC Tips and Tricks at the top of the pagehttp://saitekhelp.simhq.com/Best of luck