Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

FSX Trusted DLL Modules issues

Captains-I had blogged about this as I had come across the problem back in June while the 747-400X was in beta testing... I am reposting it here as it might help a couple of you who are facing issues with FSX not asking to trust our PMDG DLLs regardless of what you do.I also added it to our Wiki library under "FSX Trust DLL Policy" in case you feel like looking it up there...(Thanks to Steve Patrick at Spat's Weblog for this)A few users are reporting that Flight Simulator X will not ask them to trust the PMDG DLLs (and will subsequently crash when loading the PMDG 747-400X). This will happen even if they remove the PMDG entries from the [Trusted] section of fsx.cfg.Turns out there's a registry setting that Windows uses for third party DLL trust policy selection.Check if theHKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionWinTrustTrust ProvidersSoftware Publishingregistry key is set to 0x63c00. This value represents Microsoft Windows' WinTrust policy selection flags. The 0x40000 flag means "Allow only items in personal trust database" and apparently, this clashes with FSX's ability to allow manual authorization of unrecognized DLLs, telling it instead to never trust anything outside the user's personal trust.Change this flag back to its default 0x23c00 value to return all operations to normal. Flight Simulator X will once again be able to ask the user to designate the PMDG DLL modules as 'Trusted' software.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello LefterisSince several days I'm dayli in contact with Robert and Paul conerning my problem.My registry looks as follow:(Standard) REG_SZ (Wert nicht gesetzt)STATE REG_DWORD 0x00023c00 (146432)What exactly I have to edit now?Paul has this question, too.Thanks a lot!RegardsMarcel

Marcel-this affects only those users whose registry setting is NOT 0x00023c00 but had been set to something else. In your case, there must be a different problem. Keep working with Paul and Robert - let's keep one avenue of communication open.