Sign in to follow this  
Guest jodecci

LNAV SOLUTION!!!!!!! PMDG 747

Guest jodecci

Hey guys i have an LNAV solution for the PMDG. There are 2 ways to make this work. People who have installed the 737 before but uninstalled then installed the 747 this could cause a problem. First go to your desktop. NOTE: only for people who previously installed either the PMDG 737 600, 700/ PMDG 737NG. Also you must uninstall the PMDG 747 before attempting this. Once your on your desktop go to Start then you will see search on the right hand corner. Click search. You will see something saying all files and folders. Then once you do that the first free box on top it should say ALL OR PART OF THE FILE NAME. In that box type in PMDG it will find files with all the PMDG leftovers after uninstallation. Delete the files you see that only says PMDG. Then reinstall the 747 and it should work. The next solution to this is you can email me jodecci_2002@yahoo.com. The attachment i have is too big to send through PMDG. So email me and i will reply you guys the attachment then copy and paste it into the flight modules in the FS9 folder. Just reply me back in the forum and tell me how it is.

Good on you for doing the work but if it takes this to fix it I am glad I don't have it.Gerry

I guess admins are in charge of this, but since none replied until now, here's what's wrong with your post: it is not allowed to distribute PMDG original files around.The safest way to make everything work when you uninstall something is to keep to the original sequence. Meaning, if you uninstalled 747, then you also have to uninstall complete 737 product.Yes, you can keep ALL your aircraft liveries, by just making a copy somewhere else of your PMDG aircraft in FS9 aircraft folder. Rest of files, in PMDG folder in FS9 root and appropriate files in modules folder, they have to be deleted and 737NG reinstalled.If I were you, I would really edit the above post (about sending files from modules folder to other users).Hope that helps.