Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

Problem with my Aircraft pictures with B1900 in FSX

Hell0-I just reformatted and am reinstalling everything. I came across an annoying little problem. All of the little aircraft images on the select aircraft page are messed up after the first B1900C. I am running FSX and before the reformat, it just displayed the blank no image available box for the 1900 aircraft but now it just seemingly randomly picks an aircraft images.Then, following the B1900 aircraft, all the rest of my planes are messed up too. Anyone have any ideas how this happened? I have tried removing all the B1900 planes from the Airplanes folder and that fixed the problem so it has something to do with the B1900s.Thanks

Noah Bryant

In each B1900 livery texture folder there should be a jpg file named Thumbnail. This is what is displayed in the aircraft selection screen. This thumbnail has to be created by creating a screenshot of the aircraft in the game and sizing the thumbnail to 256 x 128 pixels to display correctly. If you make sure there is no file named thumbnail in any of the B18900 texture folders FSX should supply a generic thumbnail with a Question Mark and the aircraft livery name. This should only affect the B1900 aircraft and all other thumbnails should display correctly. If not, there may be a stray B1900 texture folder that has a corrupt thumbnail.

that didn't work. I checked all of the folders and didn't find any thumbnail files.I also tried taking out all but one of the B1900 folders from the airplanes folder to see if one of them was causing the problem and it seems that all of them are causing it. I also noticed that not only does it mess up the pictures, but it fails to display nearly half of all my planes.

Noah Bryant