Sign in to follow this  
bob34

744X FMC and Waypoint name TD

There's a waypoint in my flight plan on the west African coast located at N13:43:39 W13:39:50 named TD (Tambacounda). Apparently, the FMC thinks waypoint TD is the top of the decent as it highlights it green and the yellow TDZ alert comes up.I used FSBuild for the flight plan from DNMM to KMIA.Thought I might want to point this out to see if it's worth a look for you.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181415.jpg

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Guest Just747-400

Dear Bob,The yellow marking on the speed tape at 260 is the minimum maneuvering speed zone that indicates the speed margin to the stick shaker or low speed buffet.Regarding wpt TD we need to investigate that situation, anyhow according to the picture if you already passed the T/D we should see a value on the vnav deviation scale, which alone is a clear indication that is not the case. Did you get a FMC msg to reset the mcp altitude prior to that wpt TD?I have to apologize, but I cannot see clear from the picture the shape of that green circle around TD and it doesn

Hi Alex... Here's the flightplan in the PMDG FMC format.Let me know what you see. Thanks,

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

Guest Just747-400

Thanks Bob,Just downloaded and test flew that segment inbound/outbound TD, that information on ND is related to how a DME/TACAN symbol is displayed. That hexagon shape on a large scale it might look like a circle but on a shorter ND range it looks ok. Also IMHO that also depends on the graphics card settings/capability.

Isn't the green TD indicating that one of the nav radios is currently tuned into TD? I was under the impresion that all waypoints appear with the star symbol, unless you have the navaid data on, which would be blue.

Guest Just747-400

Hi Phil,First statement is correct, it is manually tuned, the wpt is there as a star symbol and on top of it, is the TACAN.Regarding the colors, not to disappoint you, I will suggest reading

Thanks for checking that.I was a bit stunned when I saw it the first time as I didn't see the waypoint "TD" in my plan. During my scan of the displays, I saw TD with green superimposed over the waypoint ... along with a no TDZ message .... that got me scrambling as I didn't want to cross the Atlantic with a messed up flight plan.I could see how something like that could slip through testing....Thanks again.

Bob Donovan - KBOS