Sign in to follow this  
jcagle

.RT2 Files

I've been trying to work up my knowledge on the PMDG 747-400X (Fantastic aircraft!) and I am now trying to figure out routes. I know the basic information of the .rt2 files is as follows:// rt2 version, route name, and generated date (commented out)Number 1Departure ICAONumber 2Arrival ICAONumber 3-Departure ICAO-waypoint 1waypoint 2waypoint ..waypoint final-Arrival ICAOWhat I can not figure out are the meaning of numbers 1, 2, and 3. If someone could enlighten me, I would greatly appreciate it.Best Regards,John

R, As what states, and you mean runways? Here's an example// rt2 v1.0 ADLBNE001 generated 01.06.2005 6 YPAD 23 YBBN02-YPAD-SEDANY27UVUPUT51AMBW354BN-YBBNDoes that mean, Depart YPAD from runway 6, Arrive at YBBN at runway 23 with an alternative of 02? That theory doesn't seem quite right since runways are supposed to be defined in the FMC as L, C, or R; so they always have two digits and one number.

I saw a .rte file generated by FS Build and it is far more intricate the .rt2 files I have been looking at. So I'm just going to pick up a copy and get back to flying.