Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Lnav and HDG

Guest Alias

Hi,today I was having a small fly and noticed that the plane couldn't keep the track after I was given a DIRECT TO, you can see the FMC reports a huge offset to the Left. I decided to switch to HDG to take the plane back on track but nothing. As you can see I'm pointing at 2

Guest Scousefox9

Lorenzo, on your FMA your Roll mode is 'HDG HOLD' as opposed to "HDG SEL". The aircraft is correctly holding your present heading as you have instructed it to do. To tell the aircraft to hold the HDG you have selected in the MCP window, you need to press the centre of the knob marked 'SEL'.

Guest Alias

Hi Liam,thanks for your reply. I know that, the problem is that she went automatically into HDG HOLD prior to reach the heading selected. Also the magenta line moved left and right of the triangle in an "unusual" way. So I have closed FSX, launch it again and found that everything was back to normal. It's strange how FSX effects this a/c, FS9 was much more reliable.CheersLorenzo

Lorenzo, do you also have the Wilco 737PIC installed, and are you XP or Vista?

I noticed that you also have an 85kt crosswind which will not help you getting back to your track.Cheers.Q> Ян

Guest Alias

Hi Phil,no, I am not having the Wilco 737. I mean, I have it but only the version 300 which is not suitable for FSX. And yes I'm running FSX + VISTA.I did repeat the flight and it was slightly better but still not keeping the correct heading sometimes. I think it could be a matter of wind since in fine weather environment seems to be better.Lorenzo

I sometimes find that re-selecting the Direct To waypoint to the scratchpad and then re-entering at the top of the route corrects a heading error in LNAV, no idea why but I have seen it adopt a slightly wrong heading before and reselecting it usually fixes it without having to go to HDG SEL.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Guest Alias

Yes that's correct. Although it seems that it happens randomly, or, at least, it didn't happen in FS9.RegardsLorenzo