Sign in to follow this  
FlyinMisfit

question for Pete (Mac Paint)

hi Pete,concerning the BA & ANA liveries i was guessing the color mixing is a major chore especially for FSX. i understand. not a prob.i think i "have" stumbled across something regarding the Pax vs. F reflections/shine. i did a comparison between the PMDG Pax and F "house" liveries per your suggestion above dated 12/25/07 @ 12:16 a.m. and, to me the F house livery does have a higher level of reflections/shine than the Pax.here's what i did...i used the following scenario for both Pax and F house liveries...same as i used for the Real Airline liveries-both Pax and FA/C = PMDG747X "GE" Pax & F with the PMDG House Liveries airport=KSEAdate/time=12/25/07 @ 1310 p.m. "local Seattle time" (i did this to take the angle of the sun/time of day effect out of the equation). ie...same sun angle for both house and Airline liveries.rnwy=default active rnwy. left side of plane @ the default zoom level 1.00 i noticed that the reflections/shine on the Pax on the vertical stabilator (tail) and engines are pretty close to that of the F. it's on the fuselage that the reflections/shine are the weakest on the Pax. i began panning around the A/C and see the same results on the right side as well. this is exactly the same thing that i saw on the reflections/shine comparisons between the Pax and F using the real Airline liveries for both. albeit, earlier tests was on a different Date, Time of day was the same. made no difference. also, results are the same regardless of the engine type being used. i also did some zooming in up to a 3.0 zoom level around the entire A/C and to me the differences are even more noticeable. and, as mentioned before i used the Pax liveries that don't have the custom fuse_spec_left and right and the engine_spec files as well as those that have them (the files are disabled/renamed for those that have them) and the results are still the same. hope this info. is helpeful happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Pete, don't know if you've seen the results mentioned in my previous post yet, so here's a bump for ya. happy flyin , Tim Wheeler

Tim,I'll have a word with Vin and we'll take another look see.