Sign in to follow this  
pbelb

747X elevator trim adjustment not evident visually

Hello,I tried to visually observe the effect of the elevator trim being adjusted, expecting to see rotation of the whole elevator, but I am not seeing this.I was under the impression that the elevator should be rotating when the trim is adjusted.Is this 'normal', a bug, or user error please?for what it's worth, the effect of the elevator while flying is quite noticable, just not visually observable.platform: Vista x64, FSX+accellerationregards,peter belbin.

Peter,This is a limitation of our custom trim programming - it couldn't be linked to the animation, sorry. It's a very very slight amount that the stabilizer moves anyways, you wouldn't see much.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest hangar744

Ryan,the 744 stabilizer trim has an incredibly large travel. It is really easy to spot when it's in action, since the stabilizer leading edge can be displaced I'd say by a meter an a half.regards,delcom, EHAM