Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Question re Install - Please Reply asap

Just doing ANOTHER clean FSX install.The PMDG744X is my major aircraft.Should i install it first or last?Will wait for a few responses before installing anything elseThanks

Phil-first or last of what other addons?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Ah sorry..... I meant ALL of my other payware aircraft, of which there are already a good number. Thus, it's rather a 'bland' question, sorry.What i'm saying is.... is it better to install the 744 before all the others, or after installing the others.What i'm thinking, is that if first, then the later addons could damage the 744. It probably doesn't really matter so long as i DON'T install a certain PIC737;) That's a real shame 'cos i like both aircraft. I've emailed THEM several times about the conflict but they either ignore me, or just refer me back to you guys.

Phil,The order really shouldn't matter as long as like you said you don't install any of the Wilco/Feelthere stuff that mucks with the dll.xml file.That's funny that they're referring you back to us, as if it's our issue. dll.xml is a Microsoft file and their installer is removing the carriage returns from it, which is what causes loading problems for other modules. Not sure what exactly they think we can do about that.I generally though install scenery and utilities like Active Sky first, and then go with the aircraft installs from there. I run the sim after installing each product so that scenery files etc get updated properly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com