Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

Use of Yokes with PMDG 747-400X

Some of the buttons on my Saitek yoke work as they did with other aircraft while others do not work. I know there is a way of mapping key strokes to various functions and I have done that successfully but how do you map buttons on the yoke to specific PMDG functions ? No problem doing this for other aircraft in FSX's Settings | Controls. Is there any documentation anywhere for this ? Add-ons | PMDG menu only has a keyboard assignment menu.Thanks.

zachlog

Zachlog,I only know how to do this with a registered version of FSUIPC, available from www.simmarket.com. It

Justin Paull

Justin,Thanks. The Saitek FlightPro has software for assigning keystrokes to buttons and you can define at least 3 configurations (found out after my post) but this is not working as of this moment. I have a problem ticket open with Saitek and if this does not yield any results, I will probably go with your recommendation.....but it should work.Zach

zachlog

Guest SkullxBones

My Saitek Pro works fine. Start the sim, load the plane and on the menu bar under add-on, configure you keys in the PMDG keyboard section. Then configure you Saitek profile editor so your buttons on the Saitek are mapped to the same keyboard commands you put in the PMDG keyboard section.

>>Then configure you Saitek profile editor I tried doing this after my initial post. I tried it with one key (letter Z)as a test and then I followed the instructions to load the profile...everything seemed normal....green box around the Saitek icon in the System Tray, etc. When I opened Notepad and hit the button, did not see the "Z" in Notepad. Made sure I was i the right Mode, I then tried all the buttons just in case I had programmed a different button than the one I thought I was being programmed but no luck.If you have any ideas on how to troubleshoot, please let me know. I am new to Saitek.Thanks

zachlog

Guest SkullxBones

Couple things I'd look at.Re-open your saved profile in the Saitek profile editor, make sure the Z key assignment still showing.Go to Control Panel/Game controller and make sure your yoke buttons are registering with Windows.