Sign in to follow this  
zachlog

PMDG Displays Dark

A situation with which I am having a problem while still testing/learning the model:1. Start FSX2. Load the PMDG 747-400X3. Select airport and runway4. Select weather and time-of-day.(Just the above, no other actions)5. Take-off, all is working well.6. I Reset the flightThis places me back at the rwy I started at BUT the PFD, ND and EICAS displays are dark/black, all else seems to be working. The SAME thing occurs if I do End Flight and then do steps 1-4. If I exit FSX and restart, I am back to normal. Any thoughts on what the problem is ? SP1/SP2, Vista 32-bit, 2GB RAM, nVidia 8600 GTS, Quad 2.4 GHz.Thanks.....Zach

zachlog

Guest dirkvanderlaan

Were you in the virtual cockpit? In fs9/Vista I had the same problem. When I change to 2D view all displays work again.

I have exactly the same issue and I would guess you have FSUIPC installed?If you go to the overhead panel you will most likely find many thing off. Including battery, electrics, bleed valves, nav, etc.Turn them all back on and the bleed valves as well. Reset the nav to align again and then back. Once they are done you should be able to go into the FMC and set your position and by now nearly everything should be back to normal.This only happens to me after a reset from a reload never the first time. If I remove FSUIPC then all works well but I lose all my button configuration and such.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest SkullxBones

I have the same problem, dark after reset. Running FSX. Sometimes I can reload a running panel state and it comes back on, sometimes it doesn't. I use free version of FSUIPC.Jeff P.