Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Unable to get response to this autobrake question

Over a week ago I posted about my not being able to get the autobrakes to activate upon a rejected takeoff. See http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.phpaz=show...topic_id=143036No one responded to my post. I then found a thread involving the autobrakes not working upon landing. Seehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.phpaz=show...d=141649&page=2This thread indicates that this is a problem for some when using a yoke and that it is to be fixed in the Service Pack. I posted an inquiry in this landing thread about whether my RTO difficulties were part of this same problem, and if so, whether it would also be addressed in the Service Pack. I did not receive any response.So I would appreciate learning if I am doing something wrong in the RTO situation, or if this is a known bug involving the yoke - as with the landing situation - that will be addressed in the Service Pack.Thanks, Robert

Robert-there is an identified problem with autobrakes not functioning properly when a user has rudder pedals installed (and/or is using brake axes via FSUIPC). This problem also manifests itself under RTO.The problem has been corrected for the service release which is undergoing final testing.As for a bug involving the yoke, I am not sure what you mean. Some users have also been using one of the sliders on their CH Products Yoke to behave as the spoilers axis, which can also cause this problem to appear. If that's your case, it's also corrected for the service release.

Lefteris, my apologies. In my haste to make the post, I errantly mentioned "yoke" when I meant "rudder pedals." That's what happens when I'm flying the Queen and posting at the same time.Thanks so much for clarifying this for me. I'm glad to learn that the autobrakes will soon work for both RTOs and landings.Robert