Sign in to follow this  
Guest kylekoper

B747-400 on new computer

Guest kylekoper

Hello, I've just bought a new computer and transfered everything over by just copying the Flight Simulator 9 folder over. Everything seems to work well except the 744. after starting the EFIS screens go blank after about 2 min also in the VC. I've lost my order number so I can't reinstall although I still have the download. Just wondering if someone knows the fix or how to get my old order number. The 744 is the best plane you can buy and now it runs with no frame rate drop on the new computer, Finally joy!

You can't move MSFS by copying files and folders because there are registry entries important to it and PMDS add-ons.Everything should be installed with the installers and the software key verified.Please sign your name in this forum. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest kylekoper

Thanks for the info, any idea how I could get a new key as I still have the installers for both the 747 and the 747FKyle KoperCaptain of C208B, PC-12, DHC-3T

Kyle:If you still have the installers, just execute them- you will need an internet connection, your registration email address, order number and password- that's it! If you cannot remember your order number, just log onto the PMDG site and check your history.I would echo Dan's sentiments about not just copying over your prior FS install- there are a lot of entries behind the scenes that are missing and might not be readily apparent right now- but will assert themselves at a most inopportune time- do the work now and then you can really enjoy your new machine.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper