Sign in to follow this  
Guest SPATE

Macrovision Liveries won't load

Guest SPATE

Hello all,I am a fairly new PMDG 747 PAX FS9 user. I noted the earlier thread about FSX un-installs causing FS9 to be removed from the registry with interest, as it did this to me also. Although the Flight 1 "fix" allowed me to install the BA 747 livery, none of the Macrovision installer liveries load, despite my having now totally repaired the registry by re-installing FS9, deleting it, and then re-installing my complete original copy. However, although the registry now checks out fine, the Macrovision liveries still won't load.I just get "install can't continue as FS9 is not installed on your computer", or similar. Interestingly, the BA livery does not use the Macrovision installer. Unfortunately it also doesn't seem to load the RB211 engines either. Sorry, I'm obviously missing something. Any help much appreciated, The Queen is lovely, just wish I could get on with the tutorials, some of which are livery specific.Thanks,Steven Patefield

Steven,I've pretty much come to the conclusion that with both sims installed, uninstalling or reinstalling FSX will automatically also necessitate a reinstall of FS9. ACES really messed something up in the installer and it erases the FS9 portion of the registry completely too. The Flight1 tool only fixes a single entry (the exe path) within the full FS9 registry key, and as a result some things still will not work.You could try actually saving and exporting the FS9 key structure to a .reg file after you install it and the 744 and then if this happens again, merge that file back into the registry. I'm not entirely sure this will work however because the FSX installer may delete other FS9 related entries and keys other than the main FS9 one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/ ...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SPATE

Hi Ryan,Thanks mate, but you totally lost me there. I have no idea what you are talking about, or how to do it, sorry i'm such a whatsit..Thankyou,Steven Patefield