Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

manually entering ILS freq

HI allIam trying some sort flight around LEMG and iam not putting a full flightplan in the FMC, Just to get used to fly the 747-400.I try to add the ILS freq 109.90 into Line 4L but i get "invalid entry".Can you please help me with thisthanksmark

Mark,On the FMC, click the NAVRAD button. On the lower left side, enter the frequency and the runway heading required, in the following manner:-110.30/272 This might be for Heathrow runway 27R (from memory) and you enter the frequency first followed by a slash then the heading of the runway 9all found on your chart).You must be within range of the ILS for it to "activate" on the ND screen and in fact this is normal after a go-around or where you have carried out some kind of wave off and you want to have another go.Hope this helps,cheers,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png