Sign in to follow this  
strider

Where's the 737 clock??

I don't mean the "Chronograph"...that shows "00:00" all the time and won't show Local or Zulu time no matter how many buttons I push on it. How do you fly a scheduled flight without knowing the time?? LOL! If there isn't a clock (or a PMDG fix for a missing clock) I'll just add one myself...it just seems surprising that this was overlooked? Vic

Vic,From Wikipedia:"A chronograph is a timepiece or watch with both timekeeping and stopwatch functions"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185505.jpgThis functionality was included in the 800-900 series of the NG. (Though I think it is available in VC in the 600-700.) If you have both this functionality will be included in the 600-700 as well.Hope it helps,

Apparently there is something wrong with my Chronograph or my entire PMDG 737NG install because it shows nothing but "00:00" in my 737-800 and 900 (I'm not even going to try the 600 and 700).No matter what buttons on it I push nothing changes..."00:00". And, BTW, I appreciate the help but I do know the definition of a "chronograph"...my point was that I would rather have a simple "Clock" ("A clock is an instrument for measuring, indicating and maintaining the time"...also from Wiki) that actually shows time, rather than this non-working chronograph. Personally I prefer it on the panel and not in a seperate "window"...but that's just me. Vic

Vic,Sorry. It was just a sort of tounge-in-cheek reply. ;-)I would try to load the NG from scratch, no saved flight, and see what happens. If the same thing occurs I would try a reinstall. And regarding the clock in the same window. I agree and this was discussed during beta four years ago. But due to lack of space this is what we got. In the VC you have it in the 'same' window (Beware. Tounge-in-cheek again... ;-)).Hope it helps,

"....and won't show Local or Zulu time no matter how many buttons I push on it."Are you randomly pushing buttons?What happens when you push the TIME/DATE switch several times. Does it eventually reach UTC?(TIME/DATE switch is the upper switch in the top, right hand corner).Cheers.Q>

>Vic,>>Sorry. It was just a sort of tounge-in-cheek reply. ;-)>>I would try to load the NG from scratch, no saved flight, and>see what happens. If the same thing occurs I would try a>reinstall. >>And regarding the clock in the same window. I agree and this>was discussed during beta four years ago. But due to lack of>space this is what we got. In the VC you have it in the 'same'>window (Beware. Tounge-in-cheek again... ;-)).>>Hope it helps, LOL! No worries, Mats...text really sucks at conveying intent. I have tried a "fresh flight" with no luck on the time indication (still reads 00:00). I may wait a bit on the full re-install but if it comes to that..."so let it be written, so let it be done". quiz: who said that, in what movie? Vic

>"....and won't show Local or Zulu time no matter how many>buttons I push on it.">>Are you randomly pushing buttons?>>What happens when you push the TIME/DATE switch several times.>Does it eventually reach UTC?>>(TIME/DATE switch is the upper switch in the top, right hand>corner).>>Cheers.>Q> It doesn't matter what buttons on the chrono I push, in what order or in what fashion...it ALWAYS read "00:00". I've pushed a button whuch brings up "date" text, as if the numerals should show a date stamp...but I can't find "00:00" on any calendar? :9

>quiz: who said that, in what movie?Now that must be Rameses II in the epic movie Ten Commandments from 1956.Cheers,