Sign in to follow this  
pbelb

747-400X Weather Display

the TFC button works great when I'm connected to VATSIM. very cool, very useful.how about the weather?or, is there something that already works, and I just haven't figured it out yet?

Peter,If you are talking about weather on VATSIM you can use several programs not related to PMDG to get real, accurate weather on the network.If you by weather mean the ability to depict precipitation on the ND i.e. weather radar then no, it does not work. Neither off-line nor on VATSIM. And it will not be implemented according to previous answers from the devs as long as FS does not simulate precipitation accurately.There are some third party 'solutions' out there if you would like to peruse that path.Hope it helps,

thank you for replying.>If you are talking about weather on VATSIM you can use several>programs not related to PMDG to get real, accurate weather on>the network.>such as? can you suggest some...?

Active Sky comes to mind. If I remember correctly there is some kind of rudimentary real weather functionality around airports built into the VATSIM network itself which can be used by Active Sky.Squawkbox 3 has a weather function. Dunno about FSInn but heard there are problems with the OAT at high altitudes.You might want to do a search-around here at AVSIM and maybe even google to get more info.Hope it helps,