Sign in to follow this  

What do you fly in the real world?

Student Pilot, 40 hours in C-172, 1 in a C-182, and 1 in a 737 full-motion simulator -- THAT was fun! -- thanks to the ATOP program, www.b737.com

ugcx_banner.png

Ahh, the Blanik glider.First thing I ever flew. Great fun.I remember if you pulled just a bit too much G, you would get what we fondly called the blanik bonk from the metal frame. Scared the hell out of you if you were doing aero's.Also flew a motor glider called an ogar. And it turned out to be just that! After putting it in a spin it refused to come out. After a couple of valium, realised it was doing a 180 normal and 180 degrees flat and would only recover when it was in normal spin attitude.Turned out the fuel tank had been moved back slightly and messed up the CofG. Nearly messed my hair up as well!!

Guest Moghdad

Student pilot. Twelve hours in Beech Sundowners.

I fly a corporate Boeing Super27. - Greatest job in the world. Just imagine, doing what you really love AND getting paid for it!

I did my private in C152s, instrument in C172s, and comercial training in C172RGs. I have about 280 hrs total. I was two weeks away from my comercial checkride when a car accident left me paralyzed from the chest down.

Commercial corporate pilot with around 36 different types of singles and twins.Mainly Seneca fives, Citation 1, 2 and 5 and soon moving onto a Falcon 100 (hopefully :-)Peter

Guest tallpilot

Retired Airline pilot. Now flying a 1965 B-55 Beechcraft Baron.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

I've got about 480 hrs and fly c-172's for the CIVIL AIR PATROL.I've got about 10 hrs in a CITABRA,1 hr in gliders and 30 minutes in a P3 ORION

Guest BrianC

I just hit 101 hours in C172R/SP models. I hope to someday soon start building my own Van's RV-9 or RV-7.

Guest Sabadin

About 40 hours split between C150M and C172S. Looking forward to getting into the F33A Bonanza for my advanced training and the BE58 Baron for my multi :) .

I started my flight training in Schweitzer 2-33A gliders & a new LET L-23 Super Blanik. After soloing in the 2-33A, I moved on to powered airplanes which I'm still working on.I started off in a 1981 Cessna 182R which I've so far accumulated about 22 hours in. The insurance on the plane wouldn't cover for student pilots so I had to transition down to a 1982 C152 in Honolulu to do my initial solo. That took about 4 hours due to the Class Bravo instruction that was also required. I also have a couple hours in an older 1972 C172L & 1975 C172M.After I mastered my control over the aircraft in the 182 (particularly the elevator-heavy landings which requires a lot of trimming), I found landing the 152 & 172 a piece of cake (not to mention the view over the cowl was much better ;-)). I actually prefer the heaviness of the 182 than the "loose" feel of the 172 & 152.To continue my training, however I'm currently in the process of transitioning over to the 172 to finish up. I hope to obain my licensing this fall.

I have 9.1 hours in a Cessna 152II. May I add that the wings look like their gonna fall off.

Guest sunstriker

HiCessna 150/172/182 170 hours as PPLSome time co pilot Brittan Islanders.Also flown 206/210 no money left :0(Sun

Mornin' Currently flying the BAe Jetsream 41 (about 1000 hrs PIC)Flew the BAe Jetstream 32 (aka the Super 31!) for 1000 hrs SICMy logbook shows a smattering of time in a number of the usual piston singles, the Piper Seminole and a Cessna 310.Along the way I've also picked up a few dozen hours in DC-3s, DC-4s, a T28, a T-6 and recently some time in a YAK-52.....I may be making the transition to the Canadair Regional Jet in the near future... (CL-65) We take delivery of our 100th of that type in September- and I'm looking forward to flying an airplane that isn't powered by Garret's Fuel-To-Noise converters..... (credit for that comment to a simmer in the PMDG forum- I forget who it was...)Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com