Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Flight Yoke button set up - please help!

I have purchased the CH Products Flight Sim Yoke/Pedals set. I have successfully mapped certain PDMG747-400X commands to the buttons on the yoke but I cannot get the most important ones to work:In the PMDG menu I have mapped key command T to AutoThrottle Arm, Z to Auto Pilot Command (centre), X to Autopilot Disengage and Shift=F1 to TOGA.Using the keyboard I can get these to work, but cannot seem to get the assignments linked up to the yoke in the FSX commands menu. The FSX commands menu does not even have an option for A/P Disengage, only A/P Master?? I have been thru the PMDG lesson on this. Anyone able to give me a step by step process pleeeeease?!Do I by any chance need a paid up version of FSUIPC to do this? I only have the free download version.GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

>>I have successfully mapped certain PDMG747-400X commands to the >>buttons on the yoke but I cannot get the most important ones to >>workIf the commands work using the keyboard, then the problem seems to be linking the keyboard strokes to the CH buttons. I don't know how this is defined/established with CH (I use Saitek) but one way you can identify the problem is to open and have Notepad as the active application, then hit the CH buttons to see what displays on Notepad. For example, when you hit the CH button that arms/disarms the Autothrottle, "T" should be entered in NotePad. Do likewise for the rest. I had used this approach for debugging my Saitek command assignments.Zach

zachlog

Thanks Zach - An update on this, perhaps it helps others. I took the plunge and purchased a license key for FSUIPC and installed the latest version of same, think it was version 4.2 or similar.Anyway, using FSUIPC, I was able to map these buttons without hassle. Me thinks FSUIPC is kinda essential if one wishes to make use of the PDMG 744 X full functionality on a yoke or J/stick. I had the same problem with my MS Sidewinder Force feedback J/Stick.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

>>Me thinks FSUIPC is kinda essential if one wishes to make use of >>the PDMG 744 X full functionality on a yoke or J/stickIt depends on the product. Saitek provides its own function/keystroke mapping software so I get full functionality with the PMDG 747-400X without FSUIPC.... I don't run it.Zach

zachlog

Perhaps because the Saitek is a far newer yoke also - I would have purchased that one if I could but Saitek is not available in my neck of the woods (no agents in my country) except by internet purchase of course. Even the CH Products control software could not sort it out. Anyways, I don't mind, seems like FSUIPC is quite an intersting little program once unlocked. Still need to review the manual though :)

GregH