Sign in to follow this  
grazziy

FSX Repainting

Hi,I have tried to convert some textures from the FS2004 version to FSX verion by using Photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plug in but when i save them using the FSX SDK Imagetool, when I load the a/c the textures are there but are all over the aircraft in weird places. i.e The fueslage textures are upside down and at the wrong end of the aircraft.However, when I load the DDS textures form an aircraft that works the textures are orientated exactly as I have them, so am confused at what is going wrong.Could anyonre offer some advice where I might be going wrong, or if someone could point me in the right direction of how to convert a FS2004 texture to FSX DDS texture?This is all for the 744 and 74X.Thanks,Graham

Graham,You have to flip all of the textures vertically from the FS9 version, thats why the textures all over the place.

Hi Pete,I have managted that now using Imagetool. The only issue I am having now is when the lights are turned on the textures go funny. Any advice you can offer?Basically, the day ones are fine, but think I might be losing a layer somehow during my process.Thanks,Graham

Graham,make sure that your fuse and external texture maps have their alpha layers and save these textures only using the DXT5 format.

Hi Pete,I found my problem, I looked at the Alpha Channels and they were all wrong! Have managed to sort them now and it works a treat.Thanks for the help.Graham