Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

LNAV Shut Down in 737

Haven't had this happen before. While in cruise, in LNAV and VNAV, all of a sudden I hear "Bank Angle!" Sure enough, the plane is in a steep turn off course and I realize LNAV has mysteriously turned itself off. Happened several times over eastern Florida, with no intervention from me. VNAV is still engaged. I simply hit the switch again and the plane turned back toward its original course. Any ideas what caused this?? Thanks. Tom

Tom,Any controls connected, yoke, joystick? Try without them connected and see if the problem persists. Any other information we should know? FS minimized or not in focus? Can you reproduce this problem?Hope it helps,

Hi Mats.Yes, I have CH Yoke and pedals, and have been flying the 737 NG for a while now and haven't had it happen before. Focus doesn't seem to be a problem and I am in full screen. I'll see if I can get it to happen again and keep you posted. Thanks. Tom

Mats,Looks like it is the controls. I tried moving the yoke and pedals around and that seems to be the problem. It doesn't happen immediately, but a few seconds later LNAV disconnected with the "bank angle" warning. I duplicated it again. I guess I somehow bumped my yoke and didn't realize it when it happened the first few times. I never realized moving them would cause a conflict. I guess I will make sure I don't bump them in the future. Thanks again. Tom