Sign in to follow this  
Guest artjosh

747F Fuel & Loadmanager

Guest artjosh

Hi everybodyI have a question regarding the 747F fuel / load manager and how it actually works in conjunction with FS9.I select PAX and Cargo and calculate the weight and fuel loads as always in the tool. What happens once I click the "save for next flight" button?Does the load manager actually load the calculated amount of fuel into the aircraft or is this simply an indication of what I have to subsequently try and recreate with the FS9 fuel and payload sliders in the "create a flight" section?If the fuel manager does actually load the fuel for me, does this mean I have to set the FS9 values back to zero to avoid double loading?Reason I ask is because I have a feeling the 747F is always way too heavy, as if the fuel is being loaded twice; once by the fuel manager and once by the simulator itself. I presume I have to do all the fuel / cargo planning BEFORE opening FS9 to ensure that the calculated data is put into the next flight, as the save button informs me, or does the order not make any difference?Thanks in advance for any feedback and regards from EDDFEd

In FS9 (FSX is different) the load manager adjusts values in the config file, that is read by FS9 when (and only when) loading the aircraft, unless it is loading a saved flight. I'm pretty sure the only thing you should do with the FS9 sliders on the default dialog boxes for fuel/payload is leave them alone.Why do you think you are too heavy? Is the GW/ZFW given on the performace page of the FMC different than what expected? I've never heard that these values were incorrect.Recap: Step One is load manager, Step Two create flight.FSX allows updating of aircraft loads while aircraft is loaded, but not FS9.I hope I've got this right this time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest artjosh

Hi Dan,thanks for your response. I'll be sure to stick to the correct order; Load Manager first, then open flight and see if this helps.Regarding the alleged overloading, maybe this is because the load manager is set to show KGs and the FMC LBS? This would perhaps explain why the FMC says the plane is about double the weight it should be according to the load manager. Can I selected between KGS and LBS in the FMC? Perhaps it would make sense to align both tools!Thanks and regards from EDDFEd

See the AOM pg 0-27. The options menu allows selection of weight units (lbs or kgs).

Dan Downs KCRP